SMGH fosters a culture of inclusiveness, patient and staff safety. All reasonable accommodation will be made for this position.
• Respond and engage communications with end users and requestors in a timely fashion as well as
implement successful resolutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Contact and participate as a liaison in resolving outstanding issues when third party vendors need to be involved in issues escalated to them.
• Providing appropriate system access requests as requested by managers.
• Co-ordinate and ensure most current versions of software have been installed and documented
• Investigate potential enhancements to software applications and participate in testing, documentation and training to team members, educators, end users.
• Investigate project initiatives, develop feasibility studies and/or business case proposals, project charters.
• Utilizing Project Management skills to lead the project team and maintain the status of the project; ensure meetings and communication updates to stakeholders occur and attainable project deliverables and milestones are met.
• Identify benefits and opportunities to develop, implement, maintain and monitor scripts utilizing Macro
Express or Scriptlink.
• Create, test and validate reports and statistical information as requested internally or externally (eg.
• Enhance current understanding of existing systems through external and internal resources, conferences, web-ex sessions, Meditech-L, training sessions, lunch and learn.
• Liaise with external health care organizations to keep abreast of current issues and trends
• Identify and promote cost efficiency and automation of business/work processes
• Maintain support to Ontario Case Costing Initiative by reviewing report change requirements related to the fiscal year of submission; modify/edit report extraction as needed.
• Assist Finance in resolving error audit logs prior to annual submission.
• Participate in conferences and calls in conjunction with the Ministry and MedAssets.
• Community College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field
• 7- 9 year experience preferably within a healthcare environment
• Comprehensive system integration knowledge of software applications, scripting and interfaces
• Familiarity with the Health Care Community and experience with Meditech is an asset